Why you need extra liability insurance
No matter how careful you or your employees are, mistakes and accidents unfortunately do happen. And some mistakes are more costly than others.
Whether someone is seriously hurt by one of your drivers, your products or on your business’s premises, a major claim has the potential to threaten the very existence of your business. A serious claim even has the potential to put your own personal assets -- like your home and your retirement account -- at risk.
That’s why many business owners make the smart decision to protect themselves with extra business liability insurance. Known as Business Umbrella Liability, this additional layer of coverage gives you extra protection and peace of mind above and beyond your commercial general liability, professional liability, business auto liability and employers liability insurance.
What Erie Insurance offers
Business Umbrella coverage from Erie Insurance offers your business $1 million or more of extra coverage above your primary liability policy’s coverage. That extra layer is there if your business were ever to face a serious and costly claim. It could include coverage for:
- Libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement and misappropriation of advertising ideas.
- Damage you or your employees cause to others’ property.
- When someone is injured by one of your products or a service you completed for them.
- Liability your business assumes through a written contract.
- If you serve alcohol at a function and are later sued if someone who attended became intoxicated and later caused damage to someone or their property.
This extra business umbrella insurance can help ensure your business could survive a large lawsuit involving a covered loss. Extra business umbrella insurance is probably more affordable than you think.
Learn more and get a free quote
Your local Erie Insurance agent is a fellow business owner in your community who understands how important it is to protect the business you love. Contact your local ERIE agent
to learn about affordable options that can work for your business.